The Lamborghini LM002 is an SUV car segment F produced by the Italian manufacturer Lamborghini between 1986 and 1993. It was known as Rambo-Lambo. Made with a V12 engine and front drive permanent total, had four seats. The LM002 was an innovative manufacturer Lamborghini bet, which at that time was known mainly for their super car. The body was mounted in the factory in Irizar Ormaiztegui (Basque Country, Spain), while the chassis and engine were mounted in Italy.
Lamborghini built its first military vehicle, a prototype called “Cheetah” in 1977, hoping to sell to the army of the United States. The original Cheetah pototipo had a Chrysler V8 engine mounted in rear position. The original prototype was destroyed during the tests conducted by the United States Army, which led to developing the Lamborghini LM001, which had a design very similar to the Cheetah, but mounting an AMC V8 instead of Chrysler.
Civilian models were manufactured with a luxurious equipment, including leather interior, tinted windows, electric windows, a high quality stereo system built into the dashboard and a powerful air conditioning.
To get a tire in accordance with the needs of the vehicle, Lamborghini commissioned Pirelli to the design of tires Pirelli Scorpion with a special design and run-flat capabilities. This model of tire was manufactured specifically for the LM002 and provided with two drawings, one for mixed use highway-countryside and another for specific use in sand. These tires were not even able to shoot air and were the only ones prepared to withstand the heat of the desert, the vehicle weight and high performance which gave his engine.
– Engine: Gas V12, 5167 cc, EFI, 4 valves per cylinder, DOHC.
– Power: 440 CVA 6800 rpm.
– Torque: 500 Nm at 5000rpm.
– Transmission: Manual 5-speed (2.99:1, 1.9:1, 1.33:1, 1.0:1, 0.89:1, ma 2.7.1), permanent total traction. Reductive (long: 1.428:1 short: 4.286:1).
– Suspension: Independent in both axles, shock absorbers and springs.
– Ventilated disc brakes on all four wheels.
– Tires: 325/65R17 or 345/60R17 Pirelli Scorpion
– Headroom: 305 mm – Dimensions: Length 4900 mm, width 2000 mm, height 1850 mm.
– Empty Weight: 2700 kgs. Maximum weight: 3500 kgs.
– Tubular chassis.
– Body aluminum and fiber.
– Fuel tank capacity: 290 liters.
– 4 doors, 4 or 8 seats.
– Maximum speed: 202 km / h.
– Acceleration or 100 km / h: 8.5 seconds.